Fabregas Personally Confirms His Stay At Arsenal (Quotes)

 

Cesc Fabregas, Jan 2008“Firstly I would like to apologize to all the Arsenal fans for not speaking sooner about my future.  I cannot deny that joining a club like Barcelona was not an attractive move for me.  This was the club where I learnt my football, it is my home town where my friends & family are and a club where I have always dreamed of playing.  There are not many players in the world who would not want to play for Barcelona.  I am a professional and I fully understand that it is Arsenal's prerogative not to sell me.  I can assure all the fans that now the negotiations have ended I will be 100 per cent focused on playing for Arsenal.  I am an Arsenal player and as soon as I step out on to the pitch, that is the only club I will be thinking about.  I am looking forward to the start of the season and putting this speculation behind me.”

The above words are those of club captain Fabregas, who declared he is definitely going to stay at Arsenal, effectively ending any speculation of whether he will be transferred to Barcelona.

This should reassure Arsenal fans and those who questioned the captain’s commitment to the club.  Now that all uncertainties surround the stay of our captain is dissipated, the players aim to get their season underway and hopefully win some silverware this year.

Credit: @thegoonblog for quotes

0 comments:

Post a Comment