Blackburn Preview + Lineup + Thoughts

So today we play Blackburn, clearly a case of the beauty and the beast.  Blackburn will host us and one thing I’m certain about is that they’re really going to get physical with us.  I would have loved to have Squillaci playing today, and would have been glad to see him deal with those tossers, but well, this is not to be.  However, we’ve got Koscielny back, who will have to produce a sterling display to prove his critics wrongs – yeah those who say he won’t be able to deal with the physical and aerial type of play.

Since we will be playing brutal cavemen today, this, for me, disqualifies certain players for playing.  If I were AW, I wouldn’t field RVP, Rosicky and Walcott.  Fab would replace Rosicky, Eboue for Walcott.  So my lineup would look like:

-------------Superman-------------

Sagna – KOS – TV – Clichy

-----------------Song----------------

-------------Fab – Diaby----------

----Eboue – MC – AA-------

If we’re winning the game, I’ll throw in Denilson for getting some match fitness and Wilshere/Vela for some playtime.  If we need some goals, throw in our brittle men (RVP/Rosicky/Walcott).

Arsenal.com has been trying to get us excited over the Carling Cup draw, but who gives a toss about who we get to play?  Our kiddies will probably smash them anyway.  Like every year, the CC provides good entertainment and a platform for the fringe players to show they’re ready for prime time and maybe win something.  So, I’m looking forward to it.

The transfer window deadline day is looming on the horizon and I hope AW is looking through his rose-tinted glasses at a goalkeeper, because, seriously I have serious concerns over the clowns who are the no.1 and no. 2.  Almunia for me is a goalkeeper who looks to have no freaking desire to improve.  I don’t find him a player with the right attitude.  He doesn’t want to learn, has no ambition to become a great keeper according to me.  He may prove me wrong, but the image that I see from him is that.

Anyway, I hope two more players come in before the window shuts down.  I would like to have a goalkeeper and a defensive midfielder.  That’s it from me, enjoy the match and feel free to leave comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment